How do you actually clean the brushes?
Follow these steps for cleaner, good-as-new brushes and blenders.
- Wet the bristles with lukewarm water. If the water is too hot the glue that hold your bristles will get loose.
- Place a drop of your favorite professional shampoo into the palm of your hand.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles in your palm.
- Rinse the bristles.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
- Reshape the brush head.
- Let the brush dry on a baking rack to keep the shape while allowing for air flow. Do not dry vertically — this will cause water to leak into the ferrule and cause shedding also, never let your brushes dry on a towel — the bristles can become mildewed.
- Lastly, I like to mist my brushes with 99% alcohol for extra sanitation